Summer Program Sample Workout
Kits pool is 137.5 metres long. 1 L(ength) in the workout below is 137.5metres.
Workouts in summer are typically:
- 4L swim warm up
- 3L alternating drill/swim between Guard chairs
- 1st L drill is extended dog paddle
- 2nd L drill is single arm
- 3rd L drill is zipper
- 2L alternating kick/swim between Guard chairs
- kick on side as much as possible, lower arm extended, change sides each kick section
1L mixed strokes, not all free!
- 3 or 4 X 2L with :20-:45 sec rest after each repeat (depending on your fitness level)
#1 - build effort each direction
#2 - build to middle Guard chair, strong to end, each direction
#3 & #4 - alternate smooth & EZ/Hard by Guard chairs each direction
- 2L or 4L Pull - alternate breathing every 3rd stroke/every 5th stroke by 25m (use markings on bottom of pool)
- 2L cool down mixed strokes, not all free
Total: 22L = 3000m
See more Kits Pool length-to-metres conversions.
Winter 2019: Register and pay by cash or cheque to KC directly. See Winter
Program for more! (updated January 2019)